Money: Today & Tomorrow Amazon Book Store

Friday, November 25, 2011

William O’Neil's CAN SLIM System

In 1980 I attended a one day seminar in Chicago given by William O’Neil on his CAN SLIM System. I had been interested in Technical Analysis for a decade and this was a good opportunity for me to have some really good training from one of the top Technical Analysts just an hour flight from home. To this day, the first indicators that I look at when checking out a stock is a print out a technical analysis chart of the stock in question to see if it is in an up, down or sideways trend.

Sometime in the 1990 my home state approved the sales of an investment that was paying out 8%. I had been working with technical Analysis and helping my clients make up to a 20% return on their retirement accounts during the same time period when other people in town were lining up to buy an 8% return from a fund that turned out to be a Ponzi Scheme that cost investors
tens of thousands of dollars.

Many people never even thought of trying to learn to make money by investing for themselves. I highly recommend William O’Neil’s book How to Make Money in Stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment